“Easter is the time to rejoice and be thankful for the
gift of life, love and joy.”
Have a Blessed Day!
Hello everyone it’s Leslie, spring is here and you know what that means…. Making cards for the grand children and getting their baskets ready for Easter Morning. In my home as a child, one year my mother dressed my father up as a Easter Bunny! Mom would hide the baskets around the house and when us four girls would get up. It would be time to hunt for the golden baskets. Then later mom would hide the eggs outside and again all four girls would take are baskets and run around the house and find all the egg hiding in the yard filled with candy. Those were the days! Well it past on to my children and now the grand children.
Well it that time of year to decide weather or not to buy or make Easter cards for my 6 grandkids. So with me being a Stampin Up Demonstrator I decide to make them. With all the tools at hand I was just trying to come up with an idea.
Steps I took to making Easter Cards
1) I started out by finding a stamp set to work with.
2) Color, Stampin Up has over 40 colors to pick from and from paper to ink they all match.
3) Why not pick one that comes with a framelits so I do have to take longer cutting it out by hand.
4) Knowing who the card is going to is a big thing in my book, I wouldn’t want to spend a lot of time on a card that will hit the basket before the glue drys!
5) Watercolor is quick and easy ,a water brush and ink how easy is that and you use whisper white paper to paint on.
6) Cut out framelits for outline and have fun painting.
7) I found a Easter lamb , stamped him out used and colored him in then used a framelits to cut him out , used a few embellishments.
8) I put them together with glue dots, snail Adhesive, and Stampin Dimensionals. I know sometimes it seams like their is so much but I’ve been in Stampin Up for over 11 years . It a great way to spend time with family and friends, or just to get out of the house.
Grand kids love them!
Stampin’ Up can be found at: http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/
Just ask Leslie she would be HAPPY to help you…